What’s the best hostess gift ever? Reindeer bottles! Also known as rein”beer” bottles or “wine”deer bottles. These are a little easy gem. You can make them in 5 minutes. You can put a single bottle in a stocking or use a nice 6-pack of root beer or regular beer as a hostess gift for the myriad of holiday parties headed your way. Just leave those bottles in the cardboard carrier and decorate them. Or decorate a bottle of wine (the “wine”deer version).
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Drink in bottle (beer, root beer, wine, other soda, bottled water – it all works!)
– Brown pipe cleaners
– Googly eyes
– Red pom-poms
– Glue (I like hot glue.)
Step by Step
I’m not kidding when I say it takes less than 5 minutes to make one of these. Kids can be put in charge of this project (except if you use hot glue – then an adult should help.)
Step 1 – Create the Antlers
- Take your pipe cleaner and wrap it around the top of the bottle.
- Put one side over the other.
- Now twist them together to create the base of your antlers.
- Take a second pipe cleaner and cut it in two.
- Take half of the second pipe cleaner and make it a U shape.
- Take the U shape and twist it around one side to create the first antler.
- Cute huh?
- Repeat on the other side and the antlers are done!
Step 2 – Glue on the Nose
- Add a dab of glue.
- Smush that nose on.
- Can you see it now?
Step 3 – Glue on the Eyes
- I also added a bow to the one with the girly googly eyes to make her extra cute.
Aren’t these bottles the easiest little gift ever?