Making Everyday as Easy as Possible
What is simple living?
Simple living is actively seeking to reduce those things (such as stress, clutter, lack of time, stuff) that don’t make you happy or improve your life in some way. It is also actively seeking out those things that add value to your life.
Our modern world is constantly bombarding us with messages of more, more, more. We should get more done in less time. We should have more space in our homes and more things to fill them up. We should have more responsibilities - in fact, we should be able to get more than one thing done at the same time (multi-tasking!)
I'm here to say that sometimes less is more.
Simple living isn't anti-consumerism. It isn't radical environmentalism. It's not the back-to-the-land movement. It's just making different choices.
Simple Lifers are people who realize something isn't working in their lives and then take steps to do something about it. Anyone can be a Simple Lifer.
Simple living can bring you more peace. It can reduce stress and help you relax. But most of all - it can bring you happiness!
Why would I want to simplify my life?
There are LOTS of reasons why people might find that the lifestyle they currently have isn't working anymore. For some folks, big changes occur in their lives - a death in the family, having a baby, loss of a job. For others, there is a gradual realization that something just isn't working.
Here are a few questions to help you to determine if you should take steps to simplify your life:
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed by clutter or your possessions (stuff)?
- Do you spend so much time at work that you feel like you know your co-workers better than your own family?
- Do you work your butt off during the work week only to spend the weekend recovering - and then do it all over again come the new week?
- Do the holidays, birthdays, or other celebrations feel like one more chore to be handled?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by debt or your financial situation?
- Do you come home so tired that the best you can do is grab some fast food and plunk the family down in front of the TV?
- Do you yearn for the “good old days”?
- Do your kids have so many activities that they require their own day planners?
- Do you feel like there is something better/different out there somewhere?
So now what?
Not convinced? Raring to go? Either way - do you want to learn more?
- Everyday Simple Living - The Blog
- Find out what's new at Everyday Simple Living.com!
- Voluntary Simplicity - The Big Picture
- Heard the term voluntary simplicity before? Wondered what it was all about? If you're looking for a great overview, here's the place to start...
- Frugal Living Meets Simple Living
- What does frugal living have to do with simple living? How do I live more frugally? Click here to find out...
- Urban Homesteading - Not Just for Hippies Anymore
- Think urban homesteading is only for crunchy hippie types? You might be surprised at how easy and rewarding it can be for everyone. Here we talk about the basic concepts...
- How to Get Organized - Simple Living Style
- We'll discuss how to get organized - from the bedroom to the kitchen to the office and other ways that life can be more simple.
- How To Do Stuff - Simple Is As Simple Does
- How to do stuff...the simple way to be a rockstar!
- How to Make Stuff - The Lost Art of Making It Yourself
- Modern folks don't know how to make many of the things they use all the time. Follow along with my experiments and learn how to make stuff!